Monday, August 17, 2009

Part IV: More Thoughts On The Healthcare Bill

Every time the Congress makes a law with the word shall we lose a little more freedom. I wonder how many times that word will appear in the health care bill.

The health care debate has me thinking about the Constitution. Although it is one of the greatest documents ever written, it has a major flaw. It relies on us to be vigilant and maintain our own freedom. How could the Founding Fathers have imagined we would be so willing to rely on the government for our needs, sacrificing our freedom and liberty in the process? It’s strange to think of those who laid down their lives for freedom and now we are doing just the opposite.

The government cannot afford state-of-the-art health care for every person in this country. Our children and their children and their children’s children already are indebted. If you want the government to take care of you, pay for it now, not later. I know Obama claims this will be deficit-neutral, but that’s like saying, "I didn’t use my food stamps to buy beer; I used my own money for that."

When you wake up one day completely dependent on the government for all your needs, handing over to the government everything you produce and not nearly as prosperous as you are now, remember this tidbit of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment